I currently have this INSANE infatuation with Frank’s Hot Sauce. There is nothing this stuff can’t make better and if you pair it up with some cheddar and a little ranch dressing you have achieved the holy trinity of taste!
This is a recipe that’s a bit more of a pain in the @$$ to make – given that you have to lay it out on the kitchen table to assemble and there are a few extra little fingers floating around this house that like to poke things and touch things and try and eat things like raw dough and then they’re upset because raw pizza dough tastes gross and they need some juice and in the meantime you’re burning the chicken on the stove top that you’re trying to let simmer for two measly minutes but then the kids got involved and….well…you get the point!
It’s all worth it in the end, I promise you!
Check out the steam on that beauty!!
Buffalo Chicken Stromboli
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or leftover chicken from a rotisserie)
1 fresh pizza dough
3oz shredded cheddar cheese
8oz shredded mozzerella cheese
1/3 cup of ranch dressing
1/2 cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1. Cut chicken into cubes or small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken when hot. Cook completely and add 1/4 cup wing sauce. Sitr to coat chicken and let simmer for two minutes. Take chicken off heat and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400.
3. On a floured surface, spread pizza dough into a large rectangle.
4. Add ranch dressing and remaining 1/4 cup of Franks. Spread it across the dough and add chicken. Top with the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
5. Roll the dough like a pinwheel, making sure to tuck in the ends.
6. Spray a baking sheet liberally with Pam spray and then bake for 30 minutes.
7. Enjoy! It’s delicious!