BBQ Pulled Pork is one of those meals that is just perfectly suited to family living. It’s easy, it’s cheap, everybody likes it, and it provides you with leftovers that can last a week! We like to use a Pork Butt for ours, but you can use almost any cheap cut of pork – a roast or a shoulder, bone-in or bone-out. It’s all very flexible and nearly fool proof since all you have to do is toss it in the crock pot and walk away.
BBQ Pulled Pork
Approx 2lbs pork – butt, roast, shoulder…whatever you can find
3 TBSP cider vinegar
2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 TSP ground cumin
1/2 cup of water
salt/pepper to taste
approx 3 1/2 cup of bbq sauce – I definitely prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce for this, but any ‘sweet’ style bbq should work.
bread/buns to serve on
1. Season the pork with salt and pepper
2. Open up your crock pot and put the pork in it. Add in 1/2 cup of water, vinegar, worcestershire, and cumin.
3. cook on low for 8-10 hours
(Now, you can’t tell me that isn’t one yummy looking hunk of meat….)
4. Remove the meat from the crock and discard the liquid. Remove any extra fats or bones. Shred the meat using two forks and return to the crock.
5. Stir in the bbq sauce and cook on high for another 30-45 minutes to let it all really mix together.
6. That’s it!! Serve on a bun or on some bread. Enjoy!!