Not every homemade recipe has to be strictly for food! I found this old note I’d written down when I was a teen and I used to babysit the neighbor’s kids for some pocket money. I use the same recipe to this day to make Play-Doh for my own kids.
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
either 1 pkg of kool aid or about a dozen drops of food coloring
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 TBSP oil
1. Mix flour, salt, and kool aid powder (if using) together until blended.
2. Add oil to boiling water and then the drops of food coloring (if you’re using that instead of the kool aid)
3. Add the water mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon to blend until it is cool enough to knead with your hands.
4. Continue kneading until color is evenly blended.
5. Store in an air tight bag or container in the fridge. It will last at least a month if properly stored.