Mini Blueberry Muffins
Muffins are a life saver in my house. We are always running around in the mornings before school and looking for a quick bite to eat – or one of the kids will want a quick and easy snack they can just pop in their mouth. This is the recipe I use for blueberry muffins, but you can easily swap out the blueberries and substitute in whatever flavor you best enjoy.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and blueberries together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract together.
4. Pour the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold the two together. Do not over mix. It’s ok if there are lumps, you only want to mix about a half dozen times total.
5. Pour the batter into a lined or greased mini-cupcake tin following the 2/3rds full rule (fill each cup about 2/3 full so there’s room for the muffin to grow without over flowing).
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.