Sweet Potato Mash
This is another easy peasy side dish that is sweet enough to be a big hit with the family and also healthy enough that I feel good feeding it to them. If your oven is already on to cook another dish, then these sweet potatoes practically make themselves! Just chop, bake, smoosh, and eat!! I’ll break it down for you below….
Sweet Potatoes (I used 2 large ones for this recipe)
4 total TBSP of melted butter, broken down into two batches of 2TBSPs each
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wash and peel the Sweet Potatoes, cube them up into roughly two inch chunks – you’re going for uniformity here, try to get all the chunks roughly the same size so they bake evenly.
3. Pam spray a baking sheet and toss your potato chunks on there. Pour your first portion of 2TBSP melted butter over the potatoes and push them around to try and get them all coated a bit.
4. Bake for around 35 minutes – keep an eye on them for burning and make sure to stir them once in a while. Browning is good, burning is not 🙂
5. When they’re done, take them roasted chunks of sweet potato out of the even and decide how you’re going to mash them! You can use a food processor (if you have one) to puree them into a nice smooth fluff, you can use a blender to do the same thing, you can just pour them into a large bowl and smoosh them with a large fork, or you can use a potato masher if you like. It all ends up pretty much the same.
6. After you’ve mashed up the potatoes, add the remaining 2 TBSP melted butter and the 2 TBSP of Brown Sugar and mix it all together.